If you aren’t already working with the R2 Beta release of FIM 2010, please download and check it out and then provide feedback in the public forums as to what you like and what you don’t like. Given that this is still the beta release, there is time to get your feature requests heard!
To access the R2 Beta you will need to sign-in to Connect, Microsoft’s site for evaluating and providing feedback on early or pre-released software. You just need a Windows Live ID to sign-in and create your profile. Once you sign-in to the site you’ll be able to browse a list of products accepting feedback or bugs and add those products to your dashboard by clicking Join.
(Lifted from Peter Geelen’s post)
You can access the site one of two ways:
- By following this link: https://connect.microsoft.com/site433/SelfNomination.aspx?ProgramID=6639&pageType=1, OR
- Logging into Connect
- Browse the Directory for Forefront Identity Manager.
- Click on the Join link on the topics you wish to join
- Answer the survey questions and then click Submit; this auto-approves you for the Beta connection
- Click the Downloads link in the left column
At the download section, you’ll find the following items:
As you are evaluating the products, we encourage you to discuss feedback in the forum, but to take the time to open bugs in the Feedback Center of the FIM Connect site. These bugs are triaged directly by the FIM Product Group so it’s important to file them. Use the forum to ask clarifying questions around configuration and experience and please share your positive and negative feedback about your experiences with the betas there.